This recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies is rich, fudgey, chewy, and outrageously delicious! With the Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips and walnuts, these moist cookies share a lot of similarities with brownies! These cookies are based off of a classic recipe, found on the back of a chocolate chip bag. Making cookies is one of the few things I mastered when I was a kid, and always makes me fondly remember cooking with my Mom in the kitchen (inevitably using the recipes found on the back of chocolate chip bags)! I brought these cookies to a company picnic, and they were a huge hit! I hope you enjoy this awesome recipe, perfect to make with kids!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until the mixture has become light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture in thirds, until it has completely come together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- This batter can be somewhat loose and sticky. Place the batter in your freezer to counter this while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the oven is to temperature, place tablespoon-sized cookies onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- I baked these cookies for about 8 1/2 minutes and they seemed a little under done - they weren't! These cookies are very fudgey- don't be tempted to overcook! Let them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before placing them on cooling racks to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy - or Store in an airtight container. YUM!
Half Baked Cooks http://halfbakedcooks.com/